Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Life...it is a changin'

So, good news. I had an interview for a part time English as a Second Language position today. I got the job...I think! Here's the deal, I interviewed with the lady that runs the program, the Assistant Principal (Principal is out on maternity leave) and the girl that I have been observing with. Well, seeing as the Superintendent is on vacation, I couldn't be offically hired. The lady doesn't have the authority to hire. I will have to have a second interview with the Super when she returns. In the meantime I will be placed in the classroom as a sub until I get the full go ahead. So....I start training on some testing programs that I will have to administer and learning the schedule of the students tomorrow. I will be working all day Tues., and Wed., and half a day on Thursdays. Does that sound like I have a job? I hope so. When I have 3 months under my belt I will be waived by the state of my 100 clock hours of observation, that rocks!! The best part about the job will be the experience that I can put on my resume for next year, also rocks!! As long as I have been hollering that I want to go back to work, I'm already starting to freak about it. With my Farm Bureau job (which I will be keeping on Mondays and Fridays), I just told them which days not to schedule me. I didn't have to worry about missing mom moments. Lauren has a show at school next Tuesday that I'm going to have to miss. Good thing she also has the same performance that night. I'm terrified that I'm going to have to miss the little girls Mom's Tea (I think that goes down in May?), I'm going to have to relinquish my room mom job as well. Whenever I attend these during the day school functions I always feel bad for the kids that don't have thier parents there. I feel even worse for the parents that can't be there. I hope that my kids won't miss me. I'm hoping that important future events will be held on Mondays and Fridays, that way I'll be able to be there. Wish me luck that A...I really DO have a job, and B...I won't screw it up!!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Great news Elaine, it will all work out!

Susan said...

Congrats! You'll do very well!

Is Lauren coming to CO with friends? I'll probably be out and about flying around the country...

Elaine said...

She's going out to ski with my Uncle. he takes her every year. This will be her 4th year, lucky girl! I always hope that they'll fly out on Frontier because then there's a chance you'll be one of the FA's or a chance that our friend would be one of the pilot. Maybe next year.