Sunday, November 23, 2008

Seeing Double?











I belong to a great Mother's of Multiple's group that I love. We have lots of outings with the kids and some fun times with just the moms. This year our group has a Christmas tree at Brookfield Zoo. Yesterday we got together to make ornaments and today we met up at the zoo to decorate the tree. I love the garland that we made. Each child had a gingerbread man and we put a picture in it. We then linked each child to their sibling and then to each other to make a long chain. I think it turned out really cute. It's always funny to catch people staring at us when we're out with the kids. People whisper, point and stare and some have to ask if all the kids are twins, or triplets. It was cold out today, but we still spent some time staring at the animals (I guess I know how they feel)! We saw elephants, lions, bears, monkeys and even a baby orangutan. I realized today that the zoo is even better in winter than in the summer. Since most of the animals are housed inside this time of year, you really get to see them up close. We were so close to the giraffes and elephants, I felt like we could almost touch them.

2 comments:

Susan said...

All of you need to come to Colorado Springs! Our zoo has a fantastic giraffe area where you CAN touch them (or they can touch you, lick you, drool on you, etc.) and feed them crackers. It is so cool! We've also got a brand new section that opened this past year - I haven't even seen it yet. It's supposed to have moose, mountain lions, bears, etc. in natural areas instead of cages. It is a fantastic zoo!

Go to the giraffe webcam during daytime hours and you can see what I mean: http://www.cmzoo.org/animalsPlants/animalCams/giraffeCam.asp.

Jen said...

It looks like a ton of fun! Next year we will definately join you!