Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Mmmm.....metal!

So this is a first in our house, ever. Last night Lauren, Dan, and I were playing Trouble at the dining room table. Alli was sitting next to me and Brooke was bopping around the room. All of a sudden this unfolds:

A:"Mommy, I chew a kerter."

Me:"What babe?"

A: Now freaking, "I chew a kerter."

Me: "What babe?"

Dan: "Alli, did you say you chewed a quarter?"

A: Now sobbing, "yes."

Dan: Jumping up, running around the table, picking Alli up, running over to the couch, looking at the with terror in his eyes, "Oh my God baby!"

A: Screaming, crying.

Dan: Still looking at me with terror on his face, "Well, aren't you going to do something?"

Me: "What's there to do?"

Dan: "Dammit, she swallowed a quarter, do something!" Now he's turning her over, pounding on her back.

Me: "Dan, stop it, don't hit her back for crying out loud!"

Dan: "I've got to get it out."

Alli: Upside down, still crying, "Mommy!"

Me: "Dan put her down! She's screaming and crying, it's already all the way down. You don't want to bring it back up, then it can get stuck!"

Dan: Putting Alli down, "Are you sure, what if it is stuck?"

Me: "It's down, listen to her, she's fine. Alli, why in the world would you put a quarter in your mouth?"

Alli: Still crying, "I don't know."

Me: "Well, you know it comes out when you poop."

Alli: Finally calm, "O.K."

Dan: "Elaine, you're going to have to watch for it."

Me: "Yeah, that MIGHT happen."

So.... I was curious, I had to look this morning. I glanced, not really inspected the package in the toilet, nothing that I could see. I guess we'll chalk that .25 piece up as a loss! I hope Alli learned her lesson. Ahhhh, the joys of motherhood!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

What a riot!!!

Jen said...

That's so funny! Don't most kids start out with the pennys? I think it's funny Dan had her upside down like a piggy bank!